my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» HK Weapon Systems Forums   » General Topics   » General Discussion   » Reassembly of HK91 G3

Author Topic: Reassembly of HK91 G3
ystergarde
Member # 2584

posted November 30, 2001 09:38      Profile for ystergarde   Email ystergarde   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having a problem putting back together my HK91 G3, the bolt won't slide in and I'm not sure if the that firing pin slides through is properly installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We received an L1A1 manual by mistake with the gun.
mg42
Member # 231

posted November 30, 2001 11:15      Profile for mg42   Email mg42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See my site.Dissasembly/Assembly procedure
hth,
mg42

--------------------

www.mg-42.net

Posts: 281 | From: Northern Europe | Registered: Jan 100  |  IP: Logged
Destructo6
Member # 50

posted November 30, 2001 15:10      Profile for Destructo6   Email Destructo6   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your problem is something every new HK owner goes through. It's sort of an initiation. MG42's page should solve your problem.

--------------------

God gave you a soul.
Your parents, a body.
Your country, a rifle.

Keep all of them clean.

Posts: 2045 | From: Nogales, AZ | Registered: Nov 99  |  IP: Logged
trigger643
Member # 1505

posted December 01, 2001 05:55      Profile for trigger643   Email trigger643   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suspect you've probably compressed the bolt, allowing the roller bearings to lock and to impede the re-assembly.

Be that the case, here's a simple way to fix it (don't tell your HK Mother)... rap the bolt in a rag (to prevent any damage), take a pair of pliers and grip them against the roller bearings, applying pressure. The bolt face will "snap out", meaning moving forward, and the bearings will disengage.

OH! Like no HK Owner has ever locked their bolt up while disassembled before?!?! Um, well, I never have. I heard this technique from a friend of a friend that maybe read it off a bathroom stall in a truck stop.... ya, that's it. That's the ticket. I've certainly never done this myself....... more than a few times, at any rate....

--------------------

gcrookston@aol.com

Posts: 374 | From: Shreveport LA USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Volksjaeger
Member # 2200

posted December 01, 2001 12:25      Profile for Volksjaeger   Email Volksjaeger   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another trick is to put the whole carrier into the receiver backwards and give it a little smack to make the rollers pop out. I got that from 'Small Arms of the World' AFTER I took the whole thing apart again.
Posts: 213 | From: Waterford, Mi | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wild Bill
Member # 2197

posted December 03, 2001 13:19      Profile for Wild Bill   Email Wild Bill      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would be hesitant on the previous advice. If your rollers lock-out, Re-rotate the bolt (counter - clockwise) until it releases from the bolt carrier and locking piece. I would then also rotate and release the locking piece (counter - clockwise), then re-set the locking piece pushing down and turning clockwise 90 degrees. Now the hard part, Push the bolt over the locking piece (but not all the way!!)(Remember the bolt is now in the inverted position relative to the bolt carrier), only push the bolt far enough over the locking piece until the back end of the bolt clears enough space to pass in back of the bolt carrier, enabling the bolt to be rotated clockwise!!. I believe this ammounts to a total of about 1/4 to 3/8 inch in pushing the bolt back before rotating (you will have to simultaneously push down on the bolt retaining lever and spring to release some tension dragging on the bolt). Once you clear, rotate the bolt until it is fully in the upright position with the rollers positioned on the sides of the bolt carrier. You will feel the bolt rotation stop when you reach the 180 degree rotation. To check your rollers, push them in with your fingers. If they go-flush with your bolt, you have achieved a successful re-assembly. Now take your bolt carrier assembly and re-insert into the rifle all the way forward until you hear a "click" Those are the rollers locking into the side of the receivers in their respective detents.

Good luck and welcome to the club!

Posts: 14 | From: Houston, Tx. | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | HK Weapon Systems

© 1998-2001 HKWeaponSystems.com, All Rights Reserved.